Monday, September 14, 2009

Astro Andy for a Monday

A little iPod Andy doodle for a Monday. He's not hurtling to his doom. Not oblivious to some hideous fate that awaits him. Not this time.

He's found a friend.

No catch. A little friend. That's nice, isn't it? Astro Andy deserves it after all this time. And it's Monday, so I thought we could do with a bit of good news.

Mr.Trombley postes in the comments of my last post that he's back blogging. He has interesting things to say so, if you've got a few minutes, check out his blog.

While I'm mentioning sites, have you checked out the Daily Grail for some interesting articles on things you probably don't know about but certainly should? No? Well check it out here.

Also, check out some zombies. If you like that sort of thing. I do. I like zombies. Why? I'm not quite sure. Any theories?

Anyone impressed with Apple's announcements last week? The iPod Nano seemed to get all the good new features while the rest sort of got nothing. And to do it on the same day as the big Beatles release and not to get them on to iTunes? Well, I guess people are better off getting them on CD but still, it just doesn't look good. And Apple know by now - image is everything. Still, I'd love a fancy MacBook.

I left my heart in Tokyo down by the river, don't you know? I didn't really. It's a song that's on right now. Oh yes... it's one of those days...

...one of those days.

6 comments:

Red Pill Junkie said...

Lovely Astro Andy eye candy :)

And thanks for the shoutout; much appreciated.

About Apple: I think it will be a while before Sir Paul & Ringo forgive Steve about that nasty lawsuit they had over the name of the company —a lawsuit that Steve won— meanwhile I'll have to start saving a lot of nickles, if I am ever going to buy that new box with all the remastered editions —I could donate a kidney, but I fear that the damage caused by my Tequila-drinking won't even cover the shipping expenses Amazon charges ;-)

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir,

I must thank you for both the link and the compliment. I've already matched my output for last month, and I think the content is a little more substantive.

Obviously, Apple Inc and Apple Corp are still having their little spat. Otherwise The Beatles would be as available on iTunes as they are on every other format in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v._Apple_Computer

I like the 3 shaped mountain range on this one, if there had been three of everything it would belong on Sesame Street. Still, the first happy day in a long time is an accomplishment that no one should ever take away.

susan said...

Astro Andy rocks, and the shout outs are brilliant blogs. I just added the Zombie one and Mr. Trombley's to my feeder.

Regarding Apple- and the Beatles, does Michael Jackson still own all the McCartney/Lennon songs? Hmm.

Bitter, if i win the lottery I will buy you and all my friends who hang out here with Astro Andy all the mac books and ipods you want.

Bitter Animator said...

Thanks Susan! I'll keep my fingers crossed for that lottery win!

Red Pill Junkie said...

"does Michael Jackson still own all the McCartney/Lennon songs? Hmm."

As many of his wealth, he had to sell those in order to keep him out of jail.

Sony owns those, I believe. Everything ends up on the hands of big corporations :-/

Red Pill Junkie said...

"Many" of his wealth. Sheesh... serves me right for blogging distracted >_<