Saturday, May 30, 2009

Astro Andy on the Enterprise

He's a badly drawn Captain Kirk today.

A hot weekend here. Too hot. I burned yesterday simply just going about my everyday business. Just burst into flames.

But I don't sleep in heat. Just can't do it.

Now me and sleep aren't friends at the best of times but last night was one of those hideous nights where I was so tired that crazy thoughts just went on a loop in my head and I couldn't get them out. And yet I couldn't sleep. It's the loop thing that really gets to me. If I was working out substantial puzzles or something, that might be okay. It's the fact that I'm having a thought worth about 4 seconds of brain time but it just loops for three hours.

I hate that.

Eventually, I got a little bit of very broken sleep. I dreamed of a dog that walked like a person. Not like a dog up on its hind legs - it walked just like a person. And it was being walked by a lady. Then a train hit the dog and it just went splat - gone, leaving only a pile of goo. Where the train came from, I don't know. But, when I examined the train, the dog was there, like it was stuffed, being pulled out by a team of dirt-covered miners.

If anyone knows what that's about, let me know.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa G said...

I absolutely hate those ruminating thoughts when I'm in bed. Hope you get some refreshing sleep tonight :)

susan said...

Bitter-imho, Astro Andy is the cutest thing to sit in that captains chair. Cuter than Kirk, Picard and Janeway. Maybe Data's Spot can take a humble second to Andy's cuteness.

I've had apts without air conditioning. Can you get a window box or some fans? Can you go to a mall or a movie theatre and stay in the air conditioning? Can you gather up enough money for a night or two at some hotel there that caters to Americans ands has air conditioning?

When all else fails, fill the bath tub with ice cold water, and buy a big 20 pound bag of ice at Sainsburys. Just keep adding ice to the bath.

Or walk around the house buck naked and open the freezer door and just inhale.

Last- but least possible, play the lottery and buy a trip to Alaska. I wonder if Andy would like Alaska.

Red Pill Junkie said...

Yeah; mental spam is a real bitch :)