Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I saw the cutest little puppy today. He was tiny, scruffy and full of fun and life. For a moment, I thought he might be my Christmas present. He wasn't but that's okay - it would have been a slightly crazy gift. But still, there's nothing like a puppy to put a smile on my face.

When it comes down to it, it turns out I'm easily pleased.

It hasn't been a great couple of weeks. Partly, that's just because I love Christmas. I love the lights, the atmosphere, the same old Christmas songs, Jingle Bells and mince pies. But, this year, I haven't had a chance to enjoy the run up to it.

But it's Christmas now.

I can enjoy it. I can eat those mince pies. Stare at Christmas trees. Yeah, I really miss old friends and my life feels very different to where I was this time last year, not all in good ways, but I'm here and, as it turns out, I have people who like me. Or at the very least, don't actively dislike me.

It is a good time of year.

If you pass by my blog and read this, well, firstly I'd like to thank you for stopping by. It means a lot that some people can relate to some of the things that seem to fill my head. It really does - it means I'm not alone and, as I'm sure you know, sometimes it's very easy to feel alone in a crowded city, even a crowded room full of people who know you. But, here, I often don't feel alone.

And, secondly, I'd like to wish you all a very happy Christmas, or any event or rituals or just plain ol' generic holidays that you're having. Even the Xenu people (do you guys have a Christmas equivalent?). I hope you spend time with people you love and who love you and have a peaceful and fun time (sometimes those are mutually exclusive so it might just be one or the other).

You guys rock. All of you.

5 comments:

susan said...

That is funny. I actually sat on Santa's lap and asked him for a puppy.

My cat would not be happy though.

Have a good holiday Mr. Animator. I hope you are able to get your puppy.

Lisa G said...

I've been reading you for a couple of weeks now, and wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas. YOU rock!

Austin Papageorge said...

"You guys rock. All of you."

Thank you for the compliment, then.

Merry Christmas!

Red Pill Junkie said...

Do a crazy thing, vato, and buy that puppy!

I wish I could send you a bowl of the Romeritos my Mom makes every year. To eat them is akin of an orgasm in your mouth ;-)

Ron said...

Know that you are not alone in your thoughts.
I hope you had a merry Christmas.